Tropical Activity and Hurricane Preparedness Checklist
What Pentagon Watch, LLC can do for your Florida home
Hurricane season can be nerve wracking, to say the least. To make matters worse, you may not be in the area to properly prepare and then assess your Cape Coral home. There are less-than-reputable people who prey on Northern residents who aren’t here when a storm hits. Let Pentagon Watch, LLC's home watch keep you and your home protected with proper hurricane preparedness! We adhere to the following step-by-step procedural guide:
- Hurricane preparedness starts with monitoring the forecast cone and spaghetti plots being broadcast by local and national news sources. These are the best professional guesses as to where the storm will make landfall and pass over.
- We begin notifying our home watch clients early, so everyone can make informed decisions to be prepared. Better safe than sorry, especially when it comes to covering your windows and pulling in furniture.
- With your expressed permission, we will begin to bring in patio and lanai furniture. This will be stowed in your garage, or wherever else you tell us you would prefer it. This service is in high demand and provided on a first come, first serve basis, so at least eight day’s notice before the storm hits is recommended.
- Next, storm shutters need to be installed. If you have permanent shutters, we will securely put them in place.
- When it is safe to do, we perform a post-storm assessment of your property. This will include photographs of any damage, for your homeowners insurance claims.
- We will then remove the storm shutters. However, if another storm is already in the tropics, as that does happen, they can be left in place. This decision is yours.
Don’t allow the fact that you aren’t local to mean you fall victim to scammers and unlicensed amateurs. We will try to mitigate damage to prevent further issues, and send you pictures of anything you need to be aware of right away. In fact, throughout the entire duration of the storm, we regularly keep you informed as to what is being done to your home and what is happening in the area as a whole, as long as electric, internet and/or other forms of communication are available. Continual updates is just one way we help you stay calm and secure while you’re away.
This Hurricane Preparation Checklist is only the beginning of what we can do for you. Call us at 941-275-2878 if you would like to make sure your home will be safe this hurricane season. Do not delay, as the storms can begin as early as June.